Friday, December 27, 2013

How to admit a wrong

While driving the other day, I pulled a right turn and cut off a guy in a little sports car. 

To be fair there was a large SUV turning right and the small car was hidden behind it, but I will admit I was in the wrong. I was in the lane when the guy in the sports car blared on the horn. I threw up my arms because I didn't know what had happend.

The guy responded in anger.

I would have, too.

I kept driving, but felt like a huge jerk. I didn't know what to do. We stopped at a light, and I turned to mouth that I was sorry, but he still didn't look too happy.

I asked my wife why there wasn't a hand symbol that showed apology. But then I started thinking about how when I am behind the wheel, I almost never feel bad. I, like many other drivers, sit down in front of the wheel, totally focused on myself. 

Convicted, there are two things on my mind, how can I drive like a follower of Jesus, and what a hand gesture that isn't negative look would like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment